We had the chance to sit down and chat with Odious Love about his latest release “About Us” with Polina Grace. “About Us” is an easy listening Electronic Pop Dance track catered to a worldwide market. It talks about someone who has given themselves to another person in the name of love. With easy to catch metaphors in choruses, and simple and relatable lyrics, this song fits all Top 40 Radio Stations across the world.
1. Hey Odious Love, how are you? Glad to have you here to hear more about your latest release “About Us” with Polina Grace.
Hey! Thanks and thank you for the interview.
2. Can you tell us a bit about your creative process? How do you go about writing and producing your music?
Usually I like to seclude myself in my studio, and just vibe with the daw and piano. I don’t come in thinking of what I’ll make, it usually just happens on its own. I start by finding a nice chord progression and then I look for a synth to create intro and then verse 1 and pre chorus. Then I add drums and bass and send that to Imposs , who is a phenomenal writer and topliner. Once he says “ This is Fire! “ , the next week we record the vocal demos and I finish the production around his vocals until we find a vocalist that suits the track!
3. How did you and Polina Grace come to collaborate on your latest release, “About Us”?
I had the song and she loved it so we just colab’d! We were friends before working together so we had always spoken about working together. I loved what she had done in the EDM and respect her work ethic and everything she had and is achieving. Even now in Argentina she is killing it, so it was an honour for me to have her on the song both because she is a good friend and because she is so talented.
4. What was the inspiration behind the lyrics of “About Us”? Can you share any personal experiences that influenced the song?
I think everyone that was in the room and everyone in the world has went through giving themselves fully to another person and wanting no one else. It is a common feeling and most desirable. We all had that in common and wanted to make a song for everyone to represent that emotion.
5. What do you hope listeners take away from “About Us” and the messages within the song?
We want them to feel good about the person they love and to keep striving for a healthy and successful relationship!
6. How has your musical style evolved over the years, and what can we expect from your future releases?
I have been really into Afro for the past few years and slowly it is creeping up in my future productions. I love tropical sounds , it feels right for me , so for the next releases , there will definitely be a mix of that and Latin reggaeton vibes.
7. Who are some of your biggest musical influences, and how have they impacted your sound and style?
Avicii was the first youtube tutorial I watched for music production. He was a legend and made it seem fun . So it all started from there and later on I would say Banx and Ranx were a huge influence in my upcoming sound . They are truly guys I look up to and was fortunate enough to meet them and become friends. I love everything they do and who they are as people.
8. What advice would you give to aspiring musicians who are just starting out in the industry?
Definitely would be to not give up and to not RUSH into it or to create expectations by looking at others. For example, if you see someone “ Blow up out of nowhere “ it doesn’t mean that it will happen to anyone else anytime soon. You have to focus on yourself and not get discourage that after 4 or 5 years it still “ Didn’t happen “ . It’s not supposed to . Take your time, be true to your music, keep networking , keep progressing, keep learning , collaborate with others, have fun and enjoy the process, the rest comes on it’s own when you put in the proper efforts.
9. What’s next for Odious Love? Are there any upcoming projects or collaborations that you’re particularly excited about?
I would say I am very excited about a few projects but mainly, my Afro House album and a single with Imposs and J. Perry is my most exciting upcoming projects!
10. This is all for now. Thank you so much for your time.
Thank you as well!