- Hey Serhat Durmus, how are you? Thank you for being here answering some questions in light of the release of your debut album, ‘Arres’
Hi! So happy to be here. Thanks for inviting me.
- First of all, can you tell us what made you name your debut album ‘Arres’, what’s the story behind it?
“Ares” is the god of war in Greek mythology. I really wanted to dedicate this album to my family and my wife’s name is “Serra” (Arres backwards), I wanted to use her name too. So I mixed the two and this came up. I love to include parts of my life in my songs and I’ve sampled the heartbeat of my unborn baby in the album intro.
- Because your debut album is out now, can you tell us how much you worked on it and how you feel that you have released your first album? Has it been a dream of yours since you started producing music?
I think it’s every artist and producer’s dream to release a good album. I’ve certainly had that dream so I’m very excited to get this album out there after working on it for about 8 months.
- How would you describe your sound style?
Bass heavy, big atmospheric soundscapes. Some have told me they dance and cry to my music at the same time.
- Can you tell us the story on how you got introduced to music, at what age and what made you follow this artistic career?
I started making music when I was 14 years old. I went through very difficult times at that age, I always had one question in my mind; how to make music, and I constantly searched and there was not enough information in Turkey at that time. I worked hard and while my friends were out, I made music, did what I loved. As long as I can remember myself, I’ve had a special connection with music.
- What inspires you when you’re in the studio and produce music?
I get inspired by everything that happens around me. My family, movies, music videos and ups and downs in life generally.
- What do you do in your free time and what makes you happy every day?
I have a great interest in cars. I love to drive and that’s what I usually do when I’m not making music.
- Can you tell us some of your future plans? Have you prepared any new collaborations, or what should our audience expect from you in the near future?
When the pandemic is over, I’ll start touring. Music wise I create new projects every day and I have a couple of surprises for my fans during the next few months too!
- Thank you for being here and answering our questions. In the end if you think we forgot something to ask you and you want to share with our audience please write it down.
Thank you, stay safe!
Download and Stream: https://fanlink.to/arres