- Hey SIMON! How are you today? Glad to have you here to ask you some questions about your latest release ‘Stuck On You’
Doing great, thank you! Yeah super happy the track is finally out.
- Can you please tell us the story behind ‘Stuck On You’? How did it come to life and when?
Asish sent a demo to me, which I really liked. I worked out some further ideas and also participated in writing sessions in London at that time. That was around October last year. Natasha and I then wrote and recorded the vocals for Stuck On You.
- Can you tell us how you met Asish Nikhil and Natasha Samsara?
I met both through social media, having checked out both’s work before.
- How would you describe your sounds?
I always try to combine high energy with melodic elements. To make it work for clubs and festivals at the same time. I love to play around with acoustic instruments and that gives it such a warm feeling.
- Can you tell us why people should listen to ‘Stuck On You’ and what do you want to express with the song?
Stuck On You is an uplifting song. About your own path and getting rid of certain people you’re stuck with, that aren’t good for you. Becoming the best version of yourself, it’s kind of expressing the new gain of freedom.
- Who is SIMON MILES and at what age did you get into music and how?
Simon is my second real name, so it was an easy decision to find the name for my artist alias to perform and release music with. I started playing the drums when I was 7 and was really into rock music back then. Later, at 13 I discovered electronic dance music through YouTube and completely fell in love with it.
- Do you remember the name of the first song you heard and you said ‘I want to be a music producer’?
That has to be ‘Summer of Love’ by Cascada or ‘Don’t You Worry Child’ by Swedish House Mafia.
- Can you tell us who’s your source of inspiration or what inspires you when you’re producing music?
Different moods and vibes can really get me inspired. Often that’s nature or traveling. But I also think of what I want to express when being on stage and that mentally gets me into the right place to create.
- What’s your favorite hobby or what do you love to do when you’re not touring or in the studio producing music?
I’m a really social person, so meeting friends and family always gives me strength. I also love to cook and do some sports to enjoy myself.
- What are your goals for the next 5 years in your professional career? And who is the dream artist you want to collaborate with?
To develop Simon Miles as an artist and share joy and hope through it. Seeing the world while performing is a blessing, I hope to keep doing that. And I also started to organize my own festival last year, definitely gonna put some more work into this with the team. The goal is to create something memorable in my hometown.
And of course to achieve my dream collaboration with Nicky Romero.
- This is all for now. Thank you for your time answering our questions. Where can our community find out more about your music and your future releases?
Thanks to you! People can find me on almost every platform but the most important information can be found on my Instagram, YouTube and website.
Download and Stream: https://revr.ec/STUCKONYOU
Follow SIMON MILES on socials: