- Hey Tommy, how are you? Glad to have you here to hear more about your EP ‘Into The Unknown’.
Very well thank you. Very happy also to share this interview with you. It’s some magic that’s happening to me
- Can you tell us more about the EP? What’s the story behind the name? How many songs does it have?
The flagship track of the EP “Yesterday” brilliantly showcases the producer’s abilities and is suitable for both streaming and club audiences with its catchy melodies.
The other two titles, “Never Be Alone”, a mix between deep house and pop, and “Where We Are” a title combining pop voice and electro sounds.
- ‘Yesterday’ is the main track of the EP, can you describe the process of producing it? What inspired you to produce it?
Yesterday is a title with new sounds for me. Basically I had planned to produce a sound a little more chill and ambient then I quickly realized that I had an idea to make a sound a little more clubbing / groovy. I found it rather nice to be able to combine a fairly soaring female voice with electro sounds supported by a very melodious lead.
- If someone would ask you how you would describe your sounds, what’s your answer to that?
House productions, tinged with pop. My music captivates in a daring quest that is both electronic and melancholy.
- Can you tell us what’s the main source of inspiration when you’re producing music?
I have several sources of inspiration when it comes to producing music. There are a lot of travels, people, encounters. But also the feelings or even the passages that we go through during our life.
- Who is Tommy Menger and at what age did he start producing music and why?
Tommy Menger is a 21-year-old DJj producer from the French Alps, who lives from his passion for music. He started playing for his first time in a club at 14 and then went into production. He released a first single in 2018 “Let’s dream together” and subsequently produced several singles accumulating more than 2 million plays.
On house productions, tinged with pop, Tommy Menger’s music captivates in a daring quest that is both electronic and melancholy.
At the end of 2022, Tommy MENGER unveils a first title from the EP of the same name “Into The Unknown”. The deep house-like piece allows you to immerse yourself in the artist’s universe. He then released the end of his EP at the beginning of March, an EP containing 4 titles.
To celebrate the title’s release on December 16, the artist is organizing a release party during the first edition of the “Be Kind Be Kids” evenings, a new concept that he imagined and is developing this winter in the best clubs and open air in the French Alps.
- We have seen a lot of footage with snow on your Instagram, do you practice any winter sports? What do you love to do in your free time when you’re not producing music or DJing?
Yes I practice a lot, I come from the French Alps. Now I will return to live in Lyon and Paris in the coming months. During my free time when I don’t make music, I really like to focus on my other projects that I have in parallel or play sports and spend time with my friends.
- What’s your biggest dream at this moment that you really want to achieve as a music producer/DJ?
My dream is to be able to play on all the biggest stages of the biggest festivals in the world, I would really like to be able to touch people with my music. I would like one day to be able to associate myself with something great, something fabulous.
- Can you tell us more about your future plans? Where do you want to be in the next 5 years?
I have a lot of projects going on. With my manager we are currently planning dates in different countries in order to be able to export abroad. In addition, I recently created an event concept called Be Kind Be Kids that we are developing.
In the next 5 years I want to be present in the biggest festivals in the world and be present at the top of all the charts haha ????
- This is all for now. Thank you so much for your time. Where can our audience find you on socials?
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/tommymengermusic/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/tommymengermusic
Twitter : https://twitter.com/tommymenger
YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/c/TommyMenger
Stream the EP ‘Into The Unknown’ – https://tommymenger.lnk.to/IntoTheUnknown