- Hello Ahead, how are you? We are glad to have you here.
Thank you guys for having me here, it is a pleasure to be part of this interview. I am doing great and I am really excited about my new release.
- You have recently released ‘Because Of You’. Can you tell us more about the song and how have you decided to come up with that intriguing name?
“Because of you” tells a story of personal growth which could be reflected on anyone who listens to it. It portrays how even from the worst and most painful experiences you can always find the positive side – that specific situation helps you grow and mature. The aim of this song is to carry and to help the listener to start all over – turning a chaos of stars into promising constellations.
- What inspired you to produce this splendid track? How much time did you spend producing it?
There are certain songs that require more time to be translated from my mind to the ‘computer’, others come naturally and immediately. ‘Because of you’ is one of those songs that comes spontaneously without taking much time. I have been sparkled with the idea during the night and in the morning I was already producing it. It took time to find the best singer who could interpret my idea.
- The vocals are a perfect fit to the instrumental and they build up heavenly to that melodic drop. Who’s the person behind the vocals and what was the workflow like to work together?
As I mentioned before, it has been a challenge to find the right singer and therefore the right voice to be included within the melody. During the pandemic, this challenge has been emphasized since I couldn’t meet any singers in person. I relied on a web platform (SoundBetter) where artists can collaborate, it took one entire month to engage the right person. I think my inner meticulousness in choosing the right voice has led me to this result.
- What’s the number one thing that inspires you when you’re in the studio?
Music is my personal expression; every song I create tells something about my past experience or my daily life. The daily driver that leads me to produce continuously is the need to express emotions that are difficult to articulate with words.
- Can you tell us more about at what age you started to produce music and how did you get involved in the music industry?
I have always been involved in music. In my early teenage years, I was into Hip hop music and the passion for EDM came later, when there was the boom of EDM around the world. I remembered that the spark that started this passion was when I first heard ‘Levels’ by Avicii. By discovering the dance music, I realized that I wanted to be part and contributed to it.
The first real approach to CDJs came when a friend of mine invited me to his house and let me try mixing – it was love at first sight. From that moment, I firstly downloaded FL Studio to start producing my own music and soon felt the need to study to reach professional quality of the sound. After studying music, I had the opportunity to send some demos to an organization who believed in my project and gave me the chance to perform live in clubs.
- What’s the story behind your stage name? Does it have a deeper meaning?
//Ahead comes from the combination of the initial letter of my name “A” with the English translation of my surname “Head”. I played also with the meaning of going “ahead” by adding two forward-slash to empathize with this movement.
- What was your biggest struggle that you’ve encountered so far in your career?
I am pretty sure that 2020 has been the toughest moment of my life and career. For an entire year, I couldn’t perform and play my music in clubs. Hopefully, I will go back to stages soon.
- What’s the one song you can play on repeat as a DJ without getting bored of?
“I could be the one” by Avicii & Nicky Romero – hands off. It is the soundtrack of my teenage year and it reminds me the first times that I experienced summer clubs in Italy.
- What do you do in your free time that is making you happy? Do you have any hobbies?
The thing that I love the most during my free time is the music but I usually combine it with cars. I love driving cars around the Italian countryside enjoying the surrounding.
- How did the COVID-19 Pandemic impact your private and professional life? Have you seen major changes in your career that occurred due to it?
I believe this situation has impacted everyone’s life. I had to learn a new way of music starting from getting inspired to record a vocal.
- This is all for now, thank you for being here and answering our questions. To close this, you may say anything you think is worth saying to our audience that we haven’t asked about in the previous questions.
I just to thank you guys for your time and I firmly believe you will hear my name and my songs again. Follow my social media account to stay updated with future releases.