- Hey Dimatik, how are you? We’re glad to have you here today and thank you for the exclusive mix you did for us.
Yo! I’m as good as can be despite the horrible covid situation we’re in here in Australia at the moment, but I’m still pumping out the tunes and feeling positive for a fresh 2022! It’s great to chat with you guys, thanks for having me!
- You recently released ‘I AM A RAVER’, a massive hardstyle song! Can you tell us more about it? What’s the story behind the name of the song?
I Am A Raver is a very special song to me, it’s one of those old youtube classic hits you use to listen to all the time & you never had any other platform to listen to it on- now, i’m lucky enough to have had the opportunity to officially remake the song & release it on my label “Cinematik Recordings”. Thanks to DJ Rankin from the UK for being all about this collaboration!
- Which part of the song was the hardest to work on, production wise? Why?
I think just the production overall, I didn’t want to make it anything too crazy, more so just make it a more fresh / catchy & simple 2022 version. Something catchy & creative yet still banging.
- Can you tell us at what age you started producing music and how you got into the music industry?
I started producing at about the age of 21. I started djing at about 16 years of age playing at private birthday parties, underage nightclub events, school formals etc.
- Do you remember the time when you were a simple raver at a festival, and not being on the stage playing music? When was it and where?
YES! Mostly at underage events, but even once I turned 18 I was only doing the small nightclubs & private parties so I still attended festivals as a raver. I always had the vision that one day I will play on that big stage & I didn’t stop till I reached that goal.
- To celebrate the release of ‘I AM A RAVER’ you did an exclusive mix for us. Can you tell us more about it and how would you define your mixing style?
This mix is Full of energy, brand new / unreleased Dimatik tracks & remixes + lots of exclusive personal mashups. I’ve made this banging but still thrown in plenty of classics with HEAVY drops!
- From where do you get the inspiration while you’re producing music?
Usually I get inspiration from the countries I play in. If you know my music well, you’d know I make a lot of culturally based music for example “Punjabi”, “The Balkan”, “Bulgarian” etc.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Do you practice any sports at all?
FISHING! I’m a big fisherman- I love spending my spare time Fishing sunrise & sunset, it’s a very refreshing way for me to find new track inspiration and creativity.
- What are your plans for the future? What about your dreams?
Right now during covid, I really don’t plan to far ahead but more so live in the moment as I think it’s a bit unrealistic to set plans / goals for the future. But long term realistically, i want to make it to the Main Stages of festivals like Tomorrowland, Creamfields, EDC etc. Label wise, in years to come i’d love to have my own office with my own Cinematik / Team + start a family one day in the future!
- This is all for now. Thank you for being here and answering our questions. Where can our community find more about your music and your future releases?
Stream ‘I AM A RAVER’ – https://open.spotify.com/track/4Dbt2x7GA318BDSyVBhr8l?si=34e682d54df248e2