- Hello guys, how are you? Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
We’re doing great, Thanks! Great to talk to you:)
- How has your life changed since the lockdown started, and as a consequence, all festivals being canceled?
Our lives changed drastically. We miss our fans and our shows a lot of course, but the situation has brought us even closer to making music, which feels good in that sense. Don’t get me wrong, we cannot wait to get back on tour, but we’ve never been so productive making music!
- Can you tell us how you guys met and who came up with the idea to make a duo?
Maastricht, long time ago. Played in a local club separately. Spinned some records together just for fun but worked out great. Made some tracks together, really enjoyed it and it worked …
- You have recently released ‘Another Life’. Can you tell us more about the track – how did you come up with the name and what’s the story behind it?
We wrote another life in LA with Alida (& Teemu). The session was fire from the start. In an early stage, it became clear that this song was going to have a special vibe around it. We went to the session thrilled because we knew Alida’s incredible voice. Very excited to work with her.
We were at the beginning of the whole world getting infected with covid and everybody felt that the ability to travel was about to change a lot. Of course the track is about an impossible love and although not on purpose, the situation might have had an influence. The impossible love may have been possible in another life, a different situation. That’s where the title comes from.
- On October 16, your first album ‘Letters to Remember’ will be released to the public. Can you tell us more about it? What is the dominant mood of the album? Do you have any collaborations inside the album?
The album consists of 16 different tracks with the melodic sound and through a more mature, versatile lens, with a heavy dose of musical guise. The tracks are recognizable by the catchy melodies married with pop sensibilities.
We get our inspiration from the world travels, an amalgamation of cultures and international rising talents. During writing camps in Los Angeles, London, Sweden and Amsterdam, ‘Letters To Remember’ took shape. While global tours across America, Asia and South America, translated into the creative sound produced in the studio in the Netherlands. Together with great artists and young musicians from different parts of the world, we wrote, produced and recorded all the songs by ourselves.“We’ve been working towards this album for the past ten years and waiting for the right time to release it. That moment has now come. All the experience we have gained has been incorporated into this album. From writing to playing, coming up with melodies to producing and so much more. Each song has its own story and sound. We have grown up ourselves, and our music has grown with it. You will hear that.”
- What hobbies keep you active and happy while you’re out of the studio?
It sounds lame but we’re ALWAYS at the studio! Haha. Besides that, Lucas loves to workout and is interested in health, business and psychology. Steve’s into gaming and loves football.
- What’s your process of producing music? What inspires you to produce music?
Most songs start by playing the piano. Just playing what comes to mind. Sometimes a melody just pop-ups in our heads and we start elaborating on it. Then we take it to the studio for some sound design, some songwriting and then the track comes to live. Sometimes we decide it’s not gonna make the cut and then we leave it for another moment.
- What’s your favorite festival you have ever played at?
We love Tomorrowland and Parookaville, but also RFM Somnbii (Portugal), Wish (Mexico), all of our shows in Japan… it’s hard to pick! So many amazing places and audiences that we miss. But we’ll all be back!
- What are your plans for the future, when it comes to music? Do you have any targets for the next 5 years?
We have so many targets! The album is actually a new start of a wave of new music, collaborations and crazy stuff. We’re really excited for all the stuff that’s coming, but it would be lame to reveal it all already right?;-)
- This is all, for now. Thank you, again. Hopefully, see you soon when the world gets back to normal.
Thanks chatting with us! See you soon!