- Hello Mikhael Bashkinov. Can you tell us who you are in a few words?
Different, Passionate, Focused
- First of all, I just heard you’re just 14 years old, and you already have big plans for your Record Label Coconut Network. Can you tell more about how and why have you decided to create a record label at such a young age?
Great question! At the very start, I actually wanted to be a music producer and try to get heard because I thought it was something I would be great at. But, something about labels always appealed to me, so I decided to start one.
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
Personally, I love all genres in EDM and I am currently stuck deciding what exact genre to release, but I love to showcase a bit of all the sub-genres. I personally enjoy House, Future House, and Future Bass.
- How many tracks have you already released on your label?
On the label, currently, I have released 10 tracks from great upcoming artists like Clesto and Trevor Omoto. I was having lots of problems with distribution though, as I was recently accepted into a large label distribution network, so I am greatly looking forward to see what it can do for me in the future!
- Where do you see your label in the next 3 years?
I see my label expanding all over the world and showcasing at some of the biggest Clubs and festivals around the world. I also see my releases being played all around the globe and tons of successful producers I helped along the way!
- What was the last song you listened on repeat recently?
It would definitely be Martin Garrix feat. Bonn – No sleep. Martin Garrix has always been a huge inspiration to me, so I always love supporting his amazing music.
- Tell us more about you passions besides music. What are you doing in your free time?
You know, I am always online doing something creative, trying new ideas to expand Coconut Network Records, and helping producers achieve and make their dreams come true. I also run a pretty large producer discord for artists so they can get some feedback on their music and get help from many other producers.
- And, to end things off, do you have anything else you would like to share with our readers?
I would like to say that it doesn’t matter what age or nationality you are. If you have a dream go for it. Push all bad things aside and just put your best foot forward and you will achieve anything you want, and I hope that I helped you understand that even more.
- Thank you for answering our questions!