In a year full of worry and uncertainty, the French Duo, Ofenbach have brightened up the world with the stunning crossover single, ‘Head Shoulders Knees & Toes`. At just 24, César and Dorian have released massive tracks like `Be Mine` which topped the world charts with more than 300 million streams, or their single `Katchi`, which charted #1 on the Shazam Dance Worldwide charts for 14 consecutive weeks.
Renowned for their blending of rock and electro, the track ‘Head Shoulders Knees & Toes` shows a new side of them with a rousing crescendo and groovy-electro drop. For this masterpiece, Ofenbach have collaborated with German DJ/producers Quarterhead and American singer, Norma Jean Martine who features on the vocals. We caught up with the French duo to see how this dancy anthem came about and what are their future plans.
1. Hey Guys! First of all, how are you both doing?
Pretty well. Enjoying time with family.
2. How did you spend most of your lockdown time?
We did lots of new songs. We were really inspired.
3. Congratulations on the summer hit, ”Head Shoulders Knees & Toes”, which has more than 100M streams on Spotify. Can you tell us what is the story and also the collaborative process behind it?
This is our 3rd song to reach more than 100 million streams on Spotify. That’s unbelievable, we literally live a dream. We are so thankful.
When we heard that Quaterhead were working on a song that reminds us of a childhood song with Norma Jean Martin we were excited and decided to be part of the project. Then we worked on the production (Bass, guitars, drums…) during the 1st lockdown.
4. With a roaring success on Youtube, Spotify, and other streaming platforms, this track has also become popular on TikTok. Tell us about the #headshoulderskneesandtoes challenge.
The concept is simple, we have invented a fun dance around the lyrics! You can check it on our socials.
5. Last month you got back on stage after many months and played ”Head Shoulders Knees & Toes” for the first time in front of the crowd. How did it feel?
We played the song 3 to 4 times not more in front of a crowd because of the pandemic. We are really excited to tour again to feel the energy of people dancing and singing on the track.
6. Can you give us any hints towards new music or new collaborations that you’re working on right now?
We release a single next January … That’s the only thing we can say. 😊
7. Do you have any shows or livestream sessions planned in the near future?
Maybe some live streams. I think we will have to be patient to talk about « real shows »
8. If you had to become a trio for just one show, which artist would you choose to perform with?
Kermit the frog 🐸, he’s the best banjo player in the world.
9. When you guys are not making music, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Watching movies. We attended a film school, it’s a second passion!
10. What would you like to accomplish by the end of the year?
We have already accomplished our goal for 2020: «making people dancing at home ». We are now thinking about 2021: «bringing back the dancers in the clubs »🕺
This or that questions-
Big festivals or Small gigs? Big festivals!
60`s or 90`s music? 60`s music
While walking – Music or Podcast? Music!
Guitar or Piano?
César : MUSIC & PIANO
Dorian : Music & Guitar.
Original or Remix? Both!
This is all for now! Thank you for your time!
Thanks for having us!
Photo credits- Ofenbach (@ofenbachmusic)
Follow Ofenbach on socials-
Instagram- Ofenbach (@ofenbachmusic)