After a series of wildfires in Western Canada, upcoming duo Control Room have partnered with the Canadian Red Cross to donate all of the revenue from their single “Tenacity” to BC wildfire relief. The duo has received support from some prominent names in the industry including Dr. Fresch, BIJOU, Austin Kramer, and more. Taking the initiative to give back to the community their latest partnership will contribute towards helping those affected by the wildfires.
Check out “Tenacity” by Control Room below.
You can read our full interview with Control Room below.
- Hello Paul & Caleb, how are you? We are glad to have you here.
Thanks for having us! We are stoked to have this chat!
- You recently partnered up with the Canadian Red Cross to donate all of the revenue from your new single “Tenacity” to BC wildfire relief. Can you tell us more about the story behind the project and your motivations for the partnership?
Well we have been around the fires as we travel a lot and the air quality has been very poor this summer. Some people had to evacuate their homes due to fires and others had them burn down. We just wanted to find a way to give back and help support those in need. We are lucky to have a platform that allows us to reach a bunch of people, so it makes us happy to support a good cause through our music.
- How would you describe your sound to those who are unfamiliar with you?
High energy house music. Our music is designed for a festival atmosphere. We love dancing on stage and getting peoples blood pumping with our tunes!
- You have been able to receive support from prominent names in the industry such as Dr. Fresch and also topped the charts on Beatport Mainstage Top Ten Releases with “Tenacity”. What do you feel like has been the most important factor for your growth?
Dr. Fresch has been one of our key influences and to be receiving so much support from him is amazing. He is literally the nicest guy. And as far as our success a lot of it is due to Cosmic Academy. Justin and Zack taught us a lot of key lessons that lead to our accolades. We didn’t know how to pitch labels/DJs or how to market our music. We 10/10 recommend Cosmic Academy.
- Can you tell us more about your early days starting to produce music and how did you get involved in the music industry?
Caleb and myself used to live and work together. All we did was work ,play video games, go to raves and listen to house music. We did that for a year and a half haha, we were starting to need something productive to do. Caleb bought Ableton and some HS8s and once a saw them I was hooked. That day we decided to be DJs and I bought a Traktor S4 and Logic X. 3 years later here we are!
- What was the biggest struggle that you’ve encountered in your career so far?
The beginning is struggle. It’s so hard to learn how to make music that doesn’t sound bad. Once we had that down it was the overwhelming amount of times you get told you’re not good enough or don’t get a reply to your emails. The key is never giving up!
- Where do you see your sound going after this? We have made a bunch of different styles of music. At this point we want to only write things that fit in a high energy Control Room set that would do well at a festival or a club – Bass house, G House Electro House etc.
- What more would you like to accomplish as an artist and producer?
Well, our next goal is to get on one of our dream labels that we started out listening to when we first moved in together.
- If you had the chance to collaborate with any artist of your choice, living or dead, who would you choose?
Habstrakt, Dr Fresch, AC/DC, or Celine Dion.. haha
- What are your goals for the year end? Can you give us any hints or clues about your upcoming productions and collaborations?
We have made a bunch of music with our homie LNDN from Vancouver. We have a couple Future Rave tracks in the pipeline. Super excited to get those out. One is signed and will be out soon so stay tuned!
- What do you do in your free time that makes you happy?
We used to enjoy video games, hockey and hanging out with friends but all we do in our spare time is write music now haha.
- This is all for now, thank you for being here and answering our questions. If we forgot to ask you something and you want to share with our audience please write it down here.
Image Credits: Control Room (via EDM Nomad)