- Hey LOVRA, thank you so much for joining us today! How are you?
Thank you so much for having me! I’m doing very well. I’m in the Maldives right now and right now the sun is shining on my face… 🙂
- You have recently released ‘Spinnin’’ with Justin Jesso, can you tell us how you guys decided to team up and what’s the inspiration behind the song?
Justin Jesso and I met in Ibiza at Ushuaia in 2018. I played a show in front of David Guetta back then and we got to talking after the show and got along great. We have always kept in good contact. Even back then we wanted to do a collaboration together and I am super happy that it has now worked out with my new single ‘Spinnin’.
The emotional theme of the song appealed to me immediately. I know this confusing feeling of an intoxicating relationship very well. Sometimes you just get caught in a loop, make the same mistakes over and over again and don’t seem to learn from them because you are so attracted to one person that you keep coming back to them. This constant back and forth can also be an exhilarating feeling in parts. Also the combination of a melancholic theme and the positive vibe that the song gives off, that’s what I like most about the song. That’s how it is in life, even if you don’t always get what you want, there is always something positive.
- Can you please share with us the story behind the beautiful name of the song which brings you the summer vibes from the first seconds you hear it?
The song title was actually decided directly after the first demo version.
Since the word spinnin appears so often in the chorus, we thought it would be a good idea to use the word as the title for the song.
Besides, I think “Spinnin” perfectly sums up the whole theme of the song.
Download and Stream Spinnin – https://lovra.lnk.to/xJustinJesso
- How did your love and passion for music start? How and at what age did you get into music?
Apart from that, I was always very musical as a child. I’ve always loved to dance and when I turned 18 I went to a techno club all by myself for the first time. I danced all night long and discovered my deep love for electronic music. When I later studied design and I was often dancing with my friends, they always said I should make a playlist because they always liked my music in the car. So I started a YouTube channel. I was looking for newcomers in the deep house scene on SoundCloud who always uploaded the latest music. I uploaded the artists to my channel. This channel has grown very quickly in a short time and at some point I decided for me to also make my own music and then later also to DJ.
- In 2018 you were invited to be a resident DJ for David Guetta at Ushuaia Ibiza, and also in 2019. Can you tell us one moment you always remember from when you played at Ushuaia Ibiza?
Every time was an overwhelming feeling! I mean a huge dream came true. The feeling of djing every month for one of the biggest producers and DJs in the legendary Ushuaia Club in Ibiza is by far the craziest feeling. It’s like in a dream and you never want to wake up. I had to pinch myself very often to realize that’s real. I can’t pick out a single moment because every minute was unique and wonderful. 🙂
- Your songs have influences of the 80s and 90s and modern melodies but also some groovy house vibes. Can you tell us what inspires you when you produce music?
The influences from the 90s and 00s is very important to me. Because I grew up with the music from that time. I connect a lot of wonderful moments and memories with this time and I always wanted to transport that in my music: That people have the same good feelings as I do and that we are all connected. I’m also inspired by the conversations I have with new people who share their world and their view on music and life with me. I’m inspired by new cultures and new life experiences as well. I am all the happier now that everything is slowly moving forward again and we can travel safely again. I live from these experiences and you can hear that in my music.
- If you could choose only one summer activity which you could do for the rest of your life, which is not related to music, what would you choose?
Surfing for sure! 🙂
- You have recently made an exclusive mix for us, can you tell us more about it and about the location you chose for it?
In the mix you can hear exactly LOVRA. I love the groove, the vocals from the 90s and the 00s. Because for me everything is always all about the groove. This mix can not let anyone stand still. I’m in the Maldives right now, this wonderful scenery has offered itself and I’m very happy that I could record this mix here for you.
- What are your dreams for the future? When should we expect a new song from you?
I hope that soon everything will be back to normal as far as it goes and I can play lots of shows again. This is one of the most important things for me. I want to have the connection with the people very close and live again and finally create new memories with them! I will release a new song very soon again! You just have to wait until August and then I’ll be happy to talk to you about it again. 😉
- This is all for now, thank you for being here and answering our questions. In the end, if you think we forgot something to ask you and you want to share with our audience please write it down. Where can people find more about you?
I feel free to follow me on my social media channels. there i always keep my fans up to date about new music, upcoming concerts and interesting brand cooperations.
I also announce my monthly LOVtape there.see you around