- Hey Lupage and Joe Kox! How are you today? Glad to have you guys here to ask some questions about your latest collaboration ‘Poker Face’
Hey guys, we are fine, thank you for having us!
- Can you please tell us the story behind ‘Poker Face’? How did it come to life and when?
The idea for “Poker Face” emerged in one of our late-night summer production sessions. Just for fun, I (Lupage) showed Joe an old idea I had of Lady Gaga’s song and he, falling in love with what he was listening to, decided to give the song his hypertechno vibes and we decided to give it a new life to this masterpiece from the past.
After we finished our version we teased our version on TikTok and it quickly gained a ton of attention. Up to date the TikTok sound got millions of views and thousands of influential influencers celebrated the energetic feeling of the song in highly successful videos and finally, after a couple of months, we officially released it!
- Can you tell us how you guys met and started this collaboration?
We are close friends and this collaboration was born really casually, we were working on another song and trying to find inspiration from other unreleased songs we had. We found this idea interesting and decided to continue with it.
- How would you describe your sounds?
Our main focus is to create music that will make you dance the night away. Our sound is focused on mixing deep bass lines with a rhythm that push the song forward, strongly inspired by Trance and Techno music. We also love to flip international pop songs in powerful club bangers, like we did with “Poker Face”.
- Can you tell us why people should listen to ‘Poker Face’ and what do you want to express with the song?
Our goal is to break down the barriers between underground and mainstream music and we think that “Poker Face” is the perfect example of what we mean.
- Who is Lupage and Joe Kox and at what age did you get into music and how?
Lupage: The artist behind Lupage’s mask comes from 10 years of experience in making music and DJing. I (Lupage) have no barriers while producing. I can go from chill sounds to more powerful tracks and most of the time make a sort of fusion.
Joe Kox: And I, Giuseppe Cozzolino also known as Joe Kox, am an Italian DJ and Music Producer born in 1996 and I started to be a music passionate since I was a child and looking at some TV Shows where DJs play and when I was fourteen I started approaching some local clubs and started my career as DJ and after several years of music production study I officially release my first song in 2021.
- Do you remember the name of the first song you heard and you said ‘I want to be a music producer’?
Lupage: For me the song is “Animals” by Martin Garrix. I started DJing and while I was searching for tracks, I listened to “Animals” for the first time (it had just been released) and I told myself “I wanna make my own tracks and play it to the clubs”, so this is how I started producing! .
Joe Kox: I’ve heard a song that made me dream of becoming a Music Producer and DJ one day at a party in my city like 12 years ago where the guest was Gigi D’Agostino and the song is “L’Amour Toujours”. Still today this song and this artist for me are a high inspiration for my music and my sound.
- Can you tell us what inspires you when you’re in the studio producing music?
Lupage: Everything can be inspirational, I like to listen to a lot of tracks before I start making music. But I can also be inspired from a specific landscape.
Joe Kox: To be honest, I don’t get inspiration in my studio. I usually walk down to the streets or to drive late at night and listen to random music to get inspiration, and then will come back to my studio and write down my ideas.
- Do you have a favorite hobby or an activity you love to practice in your free time?
Lupage: yes i usually go to gym to clear my mind, I also follow a specific diet.
Joe Kox: when I have free time I go to gym or meet with friends, also, I love to discover and find new music genres and listen to old song so when I have some free time I’m usual to listen music by vinyl, love that kind of sound, I think is something special and magic.
- What are your goals for the next 5 years in your professional career? And who is the dream artist you want to collaborate with?
Lupage: my goals are to play in all the top clubs of the world and inspire other people to make music. My dream one day is to collaborate with Martin Garrix.
Joe Kox: My goal is to get my music to as many people as possible using all the means at my disposal, such as the radio, music videos, my live DJ sets and I hope to be able to propose it in some big festival’s stages in the next 5 years, like at Ultra or Tomorrowland.
My dream is to collaborate with David Guetta or Tiesto one day.
- This is all for now. Thank you for your time answering our questions. Where can our community find out more about your music and your future releases?
Definitely on Spotify and in our social media Instagram, TikTok, Soundcloud, Facebook.. Thank you for having us!
Download and Stream: https://lupagexjoekox.lnk.to/pokerface
Follow Lupage on Socials:
Follow Joe Kox on Socials: